Monday, January 10, 2005

Rambling : Neither here nor there !!

I've never been one for making resolutions or rather I am making them all the time !! Now whats that supposed to mean ?? I am not making sense to myself. Sigh. Thats what happens when one's growing old. But hang on, thats NOT quite true, its ''people'' who make you think you are old,perceptions, perceptions !! This is how you should behave, this is what you should say, this is what you shouldn't say blah, blah, blah. I mean when are we [the very Rrrroyal 'we' in case you haven't noticed] going to EVER have the freedom to do exactly what we want, when we want and to hell with expectations. Hrrrrumph. I feel worse than a child sometimes. In a strange sort of way, my life seems to be going inversely with regards growth. An adult in full bloom when a child and now totally childish [[or should I say child-like ? sounds infinitely better, eh ?]] being an 'Adult' [whatever THAT means]!!

But, but, but. Can't shake off this feeling of great urgency that has gripped me since the advent of the new year, as if, lifes passing me by and I haven't managed to DO a thing, that dreams might remain just those. Dreams. Having spent the better part of life keeping it on hold, so that significant others can get on with their lives.its become so imperative now to take a quantum leap. I guess I panicked when I realised that even when I post, I seem to be relying more and more on memories than on the present.That won't do. That just won't do. A moment of reckoning. I got to DO things. Move it grrrl, shake that fat ass, is the motto. Grab those dreams by their scruff and rattle them until they become real. Turn thoughts into birds and fly high..higher and higher....the sky's really blue. Not really. Not here in London at any rate, ahhh, but I CAN laugh about it can't I ?? !!



2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Will reading your post of quote I once read and saved and went quickly on to kind it. It goes something like this
"The soul is born old but grows young. That is the comedy of life. And the body is born young and grows old. That is life's tragedy." ~ Oscar Wilde

Well that sums it up for me

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please stop writing so well. what will happen to us?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise