Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Amazing grace....

Theres grace all around us, its for us to feel it, all we need to do is reach out to it, I felt it today....

It was my son's sports day today and there I was sitting all alone on a bench, when this lady came and sat next to me. On an impulse, I wished her (tho' i wasn't quite sure that she would respond) and surprisingly it turned into a major heart-to-heart conversation and the things that i learnt..!!! I can't help but think that it was Grace, God trying to get a message across to me (esp. after the orgy of self pity) trying to wake me up ! Here's her story....

She was a Bosnian married to a Frenchman...and..had just recently lost her husband of 12 yrs and her mother in a car crash ! she had lost 7 members of her family and now lived alone with her father...and..had to bear the major part of the financial burden..as a result she couldn't spend as much time as she wanted with her daughter as she didn't have a choice !!!!....and suddenly i realised how petty I had been....I had choices...!! What a big thing that is...! Such bravery..n.. I said as much to her..and again she said..I don't have a choice..i HAVE to be brave for my daughter's sake..and said how lucky she was that she could live 12 beautiful years with the love of her life and how many had that kind of happiness.....how true...what AMAZING GRACE...!

It was/is my wakeup call..its time to count my blessings...our blessings...

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger foolmaker said...

most of us are truly blessed. its just that we don't realize it.

until we see others who aren't as fortunate as you and i.

(even then, some people still bitch and moan)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise