Monday, August 16, 2004

Of all things Big !!

INDIA - Happy Independence Day !!(15th August 1947)

I carry you in my heart no matter where I go...your colours...and your bigness is my heart..your people so rich in love....your duskiness so full of shine...the orange glow of your skies...and the smiles amidst the hard struggles of life....your kindness amidst poverty...and your courage amidst daily disaster....your infinite tolerance....amidst daily grind....
The towering glass palaces juxtaposing shanty towns both joined by sheer will.... surge forward...the will to survive and the determination to stand tall...the urchin faces on the streets smilingly earning a daily bread...despair determinedly pushed behind an iron will to forge a better tomorrow......
The colours of Holi..and the dancing with gay abandon on urban streets, rural roads...the lighting of lamps in Diwali, of lives rich and poor...sweets served and feasts enjoyed...new clothes and flowers in hair....the dawn arrives and the perfumed oils massaged...the sun shines down...and a new day begins......

I carry you in my heart...no matter where I go....I feel your warmth no matter where I am....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise