Monday, October 18, 2004

An autumn day.........

Its just one of those days....

Burrowed deep into the sofa, a softness settling around me, the silence speaks and my heart's humming life. A cascade of feelings bathing me, long forgotten longings, gently nudging memories, half closed eyes see something through the gently rising vapours from a cup of hot tea...
My entire being a tight furry ball; the light filters through in fits and starts as I try to hold on forever to the swelling that is my heart. Something drips wet on my hands and I stare at the pearly water on my palm, a steady beat being beaten and I try to understand, why...???
I get up and float around glancing towards the trees, a burst of autumn flames invading my senses, the cold breeze stinging me, just what I need !
Bursting into lives, every once a while, a shared whisper, the slightest brush of warm fingers, the glance lingering slightly longer; not saying much as conversations are murmurred ; a candle flickers and crystal tinkles....
A kaleidoscope of memories, a cracked mirror of milling images, a lonesome tune hummed in the park, your receding back as you walked away, on yet another autumn day.......

8 Comments:

At 2:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You know what they say about autumn.

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus

I for one have never experienced autumn but the post made brought me a step a closer to visualizing it for myself.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger . : A : . said...

Beautiful post. I particularly love the line in the beginning - "A cascade of feelings bathing me, long forgotten longings, gently nudging memories, half closed eyes see something through the gently rising vapours from a cup of hot tea..."

Autumn, to me, is a mysterious season which brings back memeories long forgotten ...

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Pincushion said...

Thank you Akshay and A. for visiting !
Akshay, I'm glad that I brought you that much closer towards visualising it..its indeed a beautiful season.the flaming trees..burnt, burnished, n gold..special to me for more reason than one...
A.,
Thankyou for appreciating the writing..its magical for me too..its got jus that touch of melancholy to it..that adds so much more to the beauty than the boisterous burst of spring..as you said..yes..it brings back long forgotten memories...

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. Autum is my favorite.

Lisa
http://justagirlintheworld.com

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Pincushion said...

Thank you Lisa for appreciating the post :)

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger dewdrop said...

hey pc! thanks for dropping in. really like your blog. im sure ill keep coming back!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Pincushion said...

Thank you dewdrop, drop in again :)

Thank you so much for caring Rachel Ann and for your best wishes ! You are such a kind person ...Hugggs :)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger . : A : . said...

Thanks for dropping by and your comment. I will be back too!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise