Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Ashes.

I opened the door and it all came tumbling out
I looked at the heap lying at my feet and tried to remember
what it was that I so needed to do....
I look, sitting amidst the heap of rubble, at the remnants
of what once was, what is it that I so wanted us to be ?
I gather the scattered pieces, neatly piling them, juxtaposing them
just so, rearranging them ; with a passionate burst of freedom, I become for a moment just the way I want to be , wanting us to be ....
I look over my shoulders, wondering if I could catch a passing glimpse
of what could have been, scorchingly warm, destructively divine; in a moment, an embrace is broken, reduced to nothing, a smouldering pile of ashes lying at my feet..
and I realise with a sudden start, the ashes are me...

but
here I am..resurrected and renewed, the proverbial Phoenix that the woman always IS !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise