Friday, September 03, 2004

The cost of happiness....

Yesterday an incident occured, a very small incident really, but it triggered an avalanche of thoughts and philosphising in me....

The incident : I happened to come across a mum in the school grounds..she appeared to be new..and in an effort to make her feel welcome..I started chatting with her..and found out that her son happened to be in the same class as mine..and so I thought of introducing them. Well, this little fellow happened to be a very very confident young man, very chatty n lively..and before I could even introduce them..he was off towards my son..whos a..very quiet and calm and to-himself-sort. There were the two of them, the new boy chatting away and my son quietly listening ! Anybody who'd have seen them, would have thought that my son was the new boy and the other one the older one !...and...at that moment I wistfully thought to myself..if only..Anu as like that..I wouldn't worry so much......

and...instantly...I was so ashamed of myself....! And I realised how unfair I was being ! Here was my son..who's one of the most well behaved, extremely bright and creative child I know (by God's grace !)..He's hale n hearty ! What more could a parent possibly want ! WE are so lucky and we take it so much for granted. I have worked with children having special needs..beautiful little children..bless their souls..but who are challenged in some way...and I know just how hard it is for their parents..oh we are so lucky...and we can be so selfish !!!!

At the end of the day...happiness really costs nothing...just to appreciate every little thing that we have in our lives..is enough to be happy..really happy !

It costs nothing at all......

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Tamra said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! ;-) I think we all have those thoughts sometimes. It sounds like you have yourself a great little guy there! Too bad we are so far from each other, my eight year old is like that too. Thanks for linking my adoption blog!

Tamra
http://www.modernmother.jaimemavie.com

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Pincushion said...

Thanks for dropping by and encouraging me Tamra ! Yeah..it is a shame that we live so far..would have so loved to get to know you and your lovely family :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise