Friday, November 05, 2004

Hope.

Warning : I am again into my talking-to-myself-mad-as-a-hatter spells !

Me : Arrrrrrgh..there you go again !
My-self : (crossly)What do you mean..there you go again..i ain't going anywhere !

Me : Of course you are ! crawling all over..the net I mean..and that blogging business..don't you have ANYTHING better to do ??
My-self : (a lil defensively) What do you mean 'anything better' ??!! I have THINGS to say !(do i ??..but i am not gonna think about it..)..people read..people think (yeah right..hrrumph).

Me : Ah, they do, eh ? My fuckin ass..they do..what you mean is that YOU hope that they do..pitiful lil creature aren't you !
My-self : What the..now mind your language there buddy..don't want your shitty vitriol flowing all over my sacred space !

Me : Sacred indeed !..and..talking of vitriol..theres enough floating around already..the whole fuckin blogsphere seems to have become one spewing ground..how can it be sacred..look at the rubbish..look at the hate..towards each other..cutting down each other to pieces..the usual mine-is-bigger-than-yours business..oh..yes..i know all about it..! The politcal know-it-alls..the-look-down-upon-mommybloggers..the-i-sure-am-smarter-than-you-fat-assholes..!
My-self :..and just how do you know that ??? Looks like somebody's been crawling around too..and it sure hasn't been me..worm aren't you! !

Me : aaah..well..but..hey..thats NOT the point..the point is..why DO people blog ? Isn't there enough anger and hate around in this world already ?? why here too ? ..and I thought..it was for building bridges..for reaching out...

My-self : Well..I can't speak for every body, can I ?! I can speak only for myself..I blog..coz I feel..I hurt..I look around me..and I want to SAY things..to anybody who'll listen.......the world seems filled with hate..with hurt..with garbage...theres anger everywhere..and people wanting to hurt each other ..and I think ...why ??? could we change all that..by talking to each other ?? by LISTENING to each other...by reaching out and holding out a healing hand..if only by a few kind words...I blog because..... I HOPE...

9 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Talking incessantly is not necesscarily communication . But blogging is.The sad think the real world is so fragmented, that people do not listin anymore may be thats what driven many of us to fill our blogs with hate,hurt & garbage.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Heh - this sounds like one the sessions conducted inside my head. Frequently ponder over why we have all become so bad at communicating - we beat around the bush, scared to come to the real point, we aren't sure of what we want to say, we don't indulge in meaningful conversations anymore.... the absurdists were right when they said we live in a meaningless world, where communication has broken down!
But then came along BLOGGER to save us from impending doom, re-igniting the fire of communication! :-)

My fav quote to explain my self-conversations:
"I talk to myself because I like dealing with a better class of people!" ;-)

Cool blog!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Pincushion said...

Michelle - I am a chatterbox too :) and like you I am working very hard on listening.

Akshay - You are so right when you so that talking incessantly is not really communication and I am really glad that more and more people are working on communicating..and so I hope :)

Geetanjali - Loved your quote ;)and ahh yes..i do conduct these conversations inside my head (unfortunately too often!)..unfortunately the language is less than stellar..lol

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger . : A : . said...

Like the old saying goes, "We have two ears and one mouth, use them in the same proportion." When I first heard this, it really struck me as being such a simple guide to communication. I guess blogging in a way adheres to that. For every post you make, several people read ...

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Pincushion said...

Now if only all of us kept that in mind more n more, the world would be a better world a thousand times more !(and that includes me :))

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Pincushion said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Pincushion said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Desmond Goh said...

Acha heh, vanakam...Pincushion, thanks for visiting and posting comments at my blog. I love your me talking to myself way of communication. It happens all the time when one is alone thinking out loud. Well, the best curry must have all the different spices in it cooked together. If there is no hatred, how is one going to treasure love? If there is no war, how is one going to treasure peace? We are but one of the spices in this big melting pot of curry. We try our best to bring out our flavour. Just enjoy the curry......

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

people read..people think ...ohoh you mean im soposed to think when i read ???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise