Sunday, October 05, 2008

Eternal waves...

Such meandering a path is this life...the harder I try to walk the straight line, the harder it gets....the harder I try to not be involved, the harder it gets....perhaps I should just let be.....

One can intellectualise, to theorise, one can try and rise above emotion- but but but- we weave our own webs and then wail - I am caught! I could and can see the web I am creating around me...I can see life casting its ever increasing net of complexities around and over me...a fool enjoying her follies! The ever-expanding waves of pleasure and pain..an envitable sequence....

There I sit in the middle of those ripples and waves, trying desperately to be equally still under their dual onslaught; remembering that is the way of the wise; every act will have a consequence good or bad, that is inevitable; why then the attachment to any particular consequence? When we try to control and have an attachment to any particular consequence..we create pain....

Despite intellectually 'understanding', the challenge is in actually applying all this in life..to life..not once, not twice but always. To sink into the stillness of wisdom, to withdraw within to The Centre which is the source of all joy....

1 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger mermaid said...

Have you ever heard of mindfulness? I used to try and figure EVERYTHING out. Why is this happening? How can I escape this pain? About a year ago I began mindfulness meditation. There are also mindfulness based stress reduction courses out there. I'm not trying to sell this to you. We each find freedom from suffering in our own way. Email me if you ever want to talk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise