Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Still.

A cup of cappuccino ; Zen for a companion ; the world passing by. Soon the stillness wrapped itself around me and peace flowed in my blood stream. The escalators went up and down on either side. A metaphor . Up it goes, down it comes, up it goes again ! People hurrying around, happy faces, sad faces, lost faces, animated faces. Fret not ; the thought suddenly occurs to me, the 'I',( for want of calling it anything better), the 'inside' doesn't or needn't change even if circumstances do. As they say, change is the only constant, but, 'I ' can remain constant too. Happiness should remain constant too. It shouldn't depend on circumstances, be changeable. The source is within. It crept up on me suddenly this thought out of nothingness. I didn't argue with myself, didn't let the 'buts' rear their ugly heads. Too much noise within isn't conducive to happiness. The mirror has to be clear to reflect the Truth. The water still to give a clear reflection. So I let be. I tried. I stilled. I have me to make me happy .The escalators of life go up and down.

4 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger . : A : . said...

Ah, the stillness in movement. Motion in motionlessness.

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday was fire and rock.
The sun had set the peaks ablaze.
The ridges glowed orange and the snow capped peaks shimmered against the azure sky.
Down in the valley the rooftops glittered like tiny mirrors.
And when the sun hid behind the mountains, there were a hundred diamond rings shining on the west.
I didn't argue with myself.
I stayed still.
I felt happy as I stood outside in the warmth.

Today it was cotton and ice.
Placid banks of clouds nestled in troughs.
Ridges burst through the mist all knuckles and fingers.
A peak stabbed into the small blue opening above in a show of majestic defiance.
Down below, the clouds rolled through the valley with little haste.
I didn't argue with myself.
I stayed still.
I felt happy as I stood outside in the drifting snowflakes.

I don't know what it will be tomorrow.

But as you said, the happiness still lies within.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Pincushion said...

Agastya - Very Zen indeed ! spot on !

Michelle - I so agree with your father's quote, so very true ! Over n over have I been taught that lesson !

Anonymous - What beautiful verse ! Such imagery..that I could 'see' what you so described. Thankyou for visiting and I do so hope you'll visit again :)

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger G Shrivastava said...

I've tried so often in the past three years to achive that inner calm - even if I do attain it, it's rather temporary...what you've just described sounds like manna from heaven to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise