Saturday, August 06, 2005

Welcome home!

5.00 pm - Mumbai

I stared out with unseeing eyes, lost in an unseen but real enough world. Bits and fragments of memories swollen with longing burst low in a shower, drenching the snarled traffic below in silent reproach.
The skies had stilled-for now-and eyes glittered with stilled fears. A deep breath! Eyes squeezed shut! Arms wrapped around myself.
A jumbled collage of a locked home; a scattered tear; a broken kiss; a lonesome airport; a goodbye that happened even before the meeting could, formed amorphously. I miss you.

But. Then.

I smile at the richness of it all, a textured lustrous pain draping life as it lives on, within the ever expanding horizons of hope and possibilities amongst and amidst chaos and loss.
A cool breeze floated past, saline cheeks bathing in the cloud burst as I let every pore drink in, quenching my thirst and...

I opened my arms wide to life....

Welcome home! I need you.

13 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Martin said...

Welcome home - drink deeply.

- Martin :-)

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger {illyria} said...

this is all too poignant. i hope you are well, dear heart.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger gulnaz said...

ah!!
you are a big heart!
hugs

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

Well! Don't you have a local number where I could call? :-)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger aa said...

We always leave a part of ourselves behind, but there is always the new experiences to look forward to to fill in the void.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger mermaid said...

Beautiful welcome home. I could see you embracing her.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a warm wellcome :)


by the way im back blogging!u can check it out! thanks !

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Lorena said...

very emotional post. you paint a beautiful scene.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

too moving for me to find words to express. love and all that. hope you are good.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger . : A : . said...

Oh, the feeling of coming back home! Enjoy it.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said...

Me too although after the feeling of warm sun and blue sea the grey skise weren't to welcome even if they did come with plumbing etc. Still cats were pleased to see me and lots of blogging to catch up on. Love the more poetic tone of your return and the Monsoon poem and picture are wonderful

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger gulnaz said...

hey where are you?
hope you are doing fine.t

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger small squirrel said...

am glad that you are well and enjoying yourself. *sigh*

sorry we missed each other. I so wanted to see mumbai, but my time was just too short.

cheers, though. am glad you are safe and sound and with your loved ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise