Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Window

I looked out of the window
Beyond lay the world
Streets, lamp-posts, houses
People, dogs, bins and unending roads...

It filled my vision from one
corner to the other of my eyes
All engulfing and all ecompassing
Until there was nothing more to life
than streets, lamp-posts, houses
People and unending roads...

And then when it all pressed
down upon my heart a bit too much
when the weight of mundane life
rode unending roads to no avail
I raised my eyes just a tad bit upwards...

A sudden spark of blue made itself known
The sky!
There was the open sky above
high above endless roads and frustrated lives!
I raised my eyes some more
and the blue was a jewel growing bigger, brighter....

The world receded, became ever so little
its burdens insignificant
its demands futile
its promises of pleasure
so very unimportant.....

The Sky called

to freedom from a soul less life
to rise above the mundane
to a flight full of delight
to a journey towards

Infinite Light....

8 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger mermaid said...

That window is a gateway. May you see everything through it.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Jyotsna said...

how lovely..to see the beauty in the mundane.

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glorious to read your writing again.
I, like many, always look to the sky in its infinite splendor also seeking answers.
How are you? :)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

Brilliant! Reminds me of a Radiohead song:

'Rows of houses all bearing down on me'

Your word verification is: lithess

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there... care to add your blog at KeywordDir.info?

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conflict - like two parallel lines - is the reality I know.

Its resolution - at infinity - the objective I dream of.

The journey between these two lines - that's the life I live - and hope to enjoy.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Adrian Neibauer said...

I love your imagery. It has been a while since I visited, and I am not disappointed. You have been very busy writing some fantastic poetry. I will peruse some more and make more comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise