Sunday, February 05, 2006

Why?

I sit tapping in front of this silver screen, marvelling at its magic that transcends distances and time and connects hearts and minds flung across the blue marble. I imagine blue sparks coursing through space like a living form and me running along side them. I met you and you and you all becoming an inseparable part of my life through these sparkling lights and it all began on this silver screen....
As the words jump out, and fingers flutter tap-tapping across the little playground, I'm transported into distant lands and lives, suddenly no longer alone and yet.....

With so much to bind us together, the world fabricates even more reasons to divide us all..
why? why? why?

...at this moment a dear friend, who is also a soldier is part of UN peace-keeping force in Africa.

I pray for peace....
for each and every one of us and this world.

DO these words sound cliched and hackneyed?

Perhaps its the sign of our times that they do so. All of us living in our little cucooned, insulated worlds and lives, so busy running around in circles, that we have no time for anything else. A consumerist world, where money is success and idealism is unfashionable. I had hoped that time would inure me, anaesthesize me into an unfeeling, unblinking coma of apathetic indifference but it hasn't! Is that a good or bad thing? I don't know.

And thats why I shall always be the Pincushion, feeling a million pinpricks.

13 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger heretic said...

As long as one feels and grows from that experience, life is worth all the questions one can come up with.

You remain the Pincushion with the answers that bring more introspection to the lives of the lesser thinkers. Thanks. :-)

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cushion
To me you appear as a soft cushion...whose touch sprinkles beauty of words and colors.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

Cliched? No way. Right and beautiful and good. We all should support such sentiments.
It is sooooooooo good to see you back and blogging.
Talent in a frock is cool as cucumbers!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger RamaDrama said...

When we do our little not-so-great sacrifice with our daily routine for the causes we believe in..not thru money...but thru time and effort,i think those pinpricks will vanish..as there is no greater joy than grass-root service.We can't control the world,but we can control what we do in this world with our actions!I like the questions raised here and the description in last paragraph.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger mermaid said...

Bleed for them and yourself from those tiny pinpricks, and know that you can still feel the collective. You write and connect others through those tiny points of pain. And yet, you still know how to let beauty seep from your veins in words and drawings.

I would love to see you paint this.

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi…I’m Roy, just start the journey in the blog-world. New..... so learning the tricks by peeping in others blog without any prior permission (sorry for that!!).

ur this post make me remebered "heal tyhe world- M. Jackson"...you are right..why? why? why?

Heii, why not take a look to my blog: (http://comeonroy.blogspot.com/) & tell me where I need to improve. Most important, maybe you can also get something new & interesting stuff…..maybe!!
Hoping to hear you..
Roy

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Pincushion said...

Heretic-Yes, it is so important to grow from what we have experienced..I feel honoured by what you have said..but alas, I have no answers..only questions..thank u!

Anamika-You say such sweet things, thank you my dear :)

CJ-u know wot? i did once want to wear a frock, but my parents talked me outta it and they were wise..else where wd I've gone with all those hormones buzzin inside me ;) LOL

Moto-Indeed! what you say makes a lot of sense to me..and yes someday those pinpricks shall vanish..Amen! :)

Mermaid-Thank you wise mermaid! I see a deep philosophical inclination in your writings, you inspire..ahhh painting..now you've made me want to pick up that 'paintbrush' again! :)

Silvermoon-Thank you for your belief in me! It gives me the strength to continue doing what I do and want to do! :)

Roy-Welcome aboard Roy..really glad to have you here and its a pleasure..no permission necc. I hope you find what you are looking for and i shall certainly visit you! :) Thank you!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger floots said...

wise words
well put
never lose the feeling

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Cliched? No way. Right and beautiful and good. We all should support such sentiments.

Um... didn't CJ just say that? Well, it's true.

And some of us run around in rectangles and triangles too.

Keep up the good work and good thoughts.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Blue Athena said...

Naah! Feel and write. That's what keeps the world going. Despite the insensate and the cold. :)

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Pincushion said...

Floots-Thanks..but sometimes i almost wish I could!

Roger-Thank you! Oh yes..I do know all about them, rectangles and triangels, lol!

Blue Athena-Thank you dear for the encouragement, you ring so true :)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Jyotsna said...

am glad that time has not inured you or made you different and i tend to agree with Anamika here..to me you are a like a soft cushion of warmth and love and vivid colors
:)

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Lorena said...

that closing line really help me understand the name you chose and why. beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox! Who Links Here
Blogroll Me! Blog Search Engine

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

« ? Verbosity # »

< ? Blogging Mommies # >

Listed on Blogwise